Founded in 1899 with a focus on child protection and adoption, Children's Aid and Family Sevices has placed more than 11,000 children with loving families. While helping children find families is still a core part of our mission, the agency has evolved to meet changing social needs. Our programs include:
- Therapeutic Group Foster Homes and Foster Care for children wth backgrounds of trauma and abuse. Services include case management, specialized clinical care, educational, medical and behavioral support.
- Community homes and support services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Early childhood education and child care.
- Free nutritional formula and diapers for low-income families.
- Safe, supervised housing and support services for pregnant teens and young mothers and their babies who might otherwise be homeless.
- Community and school-based prevention and education programs which address the pressing issues of alcohol and drug use in the community.